Ethernet not having a valid IP configuration.

Ask all your computer related questions here
Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Ethernet not having a valid IP configuration.

Post by Webscout » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Ethernet not having a valid IP configuration.***I tied many things to correct. Finally one site Q says removing AVAST solved his problem. Mine too. Unreal. Anti Virus s/w often cause problems,

Spent so much time....many solutions offered but uninstalling Avast did the trick. UNREAL. Somehow the PC diagnostics should suggest that. I should have done this from the start at I am aware that Anti Virus s/w often prevent s/w downloads.

KerryBrown

Re: Ethernet not having a valid IP configuration.

Post by KerryBrown » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:01 am

your ISP is actually giving you static ip's to start with? Let alone, 8 of them… Simply because your isp puts you in a /29 doesn't mean anything.. Set up your isp wan gateway as dhcp and let it take whatever the isp sends. Once you have your assigned ip, then if you're positive they won't change it on you, set it to static with the right subnet, etc.. I'm always leery of being away and the isp network changing something and I'm sol until I can get back. I can trust what I control, not what some other nut can...It is also important here to mention that you need to continuously checking your ip address and that is how you will monitor the current situation at the very end