Rec Room - VR game

Talk about anything.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Mrs Legolas

Re: Rec Room - VR game

Post by Mrs Legolas » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:13 pm

no ;) not lost. you will find at my first down memory lane. maybe you forgot?  ;)

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dude » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V06T3wJXQUE

here is a video of how the new circuits work,

They show you a simple example of how to make a basketball game and keep score.

Neo

Post by Neo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:37 pm

HTC Vive or Oculus Rift, which VR headset is better?

Mrs Legolas

Post by Mrs Legolas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:56 am

At the moment it's Samsus Odyseey. It doesn't need any Lighthouses. Got the same display like HTC pro. It's only available in US for a very good price: $ 399! Take a look at it and see you on Rec Room :lol:

Agent 34

Post by Agent 34 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:45 am

Jozafat I am sure this was you in a previous life. :)
In 1209, Pope Innocent III decided it was time to crack down on followers of a religious sect that had become popular in Southern France. According to accounts, when the Pope ordered to begin the attack a soldier asked how they would be able to tell which townspeople were Catholics and which were Cathars.
He was told “Kill them all and let God sort them out.”

Jozafat

Post by Jozafat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 am

Agent 34 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:45 am
Jozafat I am sure this was you in a previous life. :)
Hi :) Reincarnation? I would choose Stalin - It is better to shorten the innocent head than hesitate during the war

And we have war

Agent 34

Post by Agent 34 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:29 pm

I watched the movie The Death of Stalin (2017)
if Stalin played Badlands I think he would approve of your style. :D

Jozafat

Post by Jozafat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:08 am

It is all about being kind and helpful in RecRoom - as we are not bunch of competitive 12 years olds with 1000$ set of skins to counter strike we are good and helpful when it comes to introduce the game or just play. And even when you check all this shooting mini-games like laser tag or paintball all you hear is "wow, nice shot", "that was good" and other signs of politeness, then badlands with its lawnessness, is so different and totally brutal, that it looks like other game. All I hear there is "dont shoot - Im unarm..." or "why did you ki..." and they even cant finish their sentences. What astonishes me most is that after I make a lot of enemies - and I mean - A LOT, then some guys are starting to cooperate and want to join the winner side :)

I was driving few days ago and on radio they played "Paint It, Black" - all I do now is work and hum "I look inside myself and see my heart is black" :c:

Agent 34

Post by Agent 34 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Yes, the perfect song for Badlands... :)

I find it most interesting when people approach and want to talk to you when your playing badlands,
the "don't shoot I am unarmed" is over used,
and I don't usually have a problem shooting those people,
but every once in a while someone will say something that makes you stop and think,
last week there was someone I was planning on killing and then they were able to start a conversation before I killed them,
that's pretty rare, but then they did something even more amazing,
to make a long story short, they got me to switch from wanting to kill them to where I decided I would give them my weapons because they didn't have any, and I was about ready to leave the game.
I am still surprised that they were able to do this.
Recroom Rules

Jozafat

Post by Jozafat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:53 pm

Agent 34 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:39 pm
I am still surprised that they were able to do this.
Do not be surprised Agent - you have encountered counterintelligence :c: They are operating in this area. They use mind tricks or just women.

I have noticed that when Im spawned unarmed traveling to center battlegrounds and when I pass armed players without stoping - I just rise my hand in universal sign "I dont have weapon (in that hand)" saying "Hi" They are usually surprised enough not to kill me - They can sense fear - and if you show none, then they are starting to wonder :c:

Agent 34

Post by Agent 34 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:57 am

I have noticed that too, it seems to me if you seem to have an objective that can help,
so I sometimes say to people I am just going over there.
some how that can make them less likely to shoot you,
I guess they think to themselves, "oh he is just going over there he must be ok,"
and it probably makes a difference how long they have been playing, a new player is much more likely to let you live than someone who has been killed 100 times and now wants to get even with everyone. :D

I need to work on the counter intelligence portion of my game, and I also want to work on trying to talk people into killing others for you.

One more thing I noticed was that I played golden trophy after a long break, and I had lost a lot of my bow skills because in badlands you usually are shooting a great distance so you really don't aim that much, just fire a lot of arrows in their general direction until one hits,
this is a completely different skill than golden trophy when your actually trying to aim and hit something.

Agent 34

Post by Agent 34 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:24 pm

found this picture of Rec Room, not sure where it came from?

Agent 34

Post by Agent 34 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:47 pm

This is the S rank Lost Isle pirate suit,
I think I had to work harder for this one than any other costume,
so I am most proud of it.

Mrs Legolas

Post by Mrs Legolas » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:52 am

Yeah. To get this costum was hard work for most of us. You are right to be proud of you! When we got the eyepatch that was amazing!! I remember well.

I am running a lot with Goblin and KitKat through the ILS. We are doing speedruns. Our best time is 16.44 min. S rank.

At the beginning I never thought that I would be so fast. I like it.

3 weeks ago I did a Jumbotron speedrun with Lone Goblin and Joza. That was the first time for me doing a real speedrun on Jumbotron and I loved it. Anytime again Lone!!! Would be nice to get better on speedruns.

Btw: I got my grey Flowerdress - FINALLY :r

Agent 34

Post by Agent 34 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:06 pm

That is an amazing time on The Isle of Lost Skulls, and to get S rank on top of that is even more amazing.

I am not very good with speed runs, and I die a lot when I try them,
it seems like such a different game when I am trying to go fast.

Today I played a public game of Golden Trophy and no one joined my game so I just played by myself and I made it to the room before the boss room. I have only completed it one time on a solo run and I was thinking this might be my second time.

Solo runs seem to work better for me than speed runs, I guess because I am just not that fast. :D