George Zimmerman Trial

Talk about anything.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Dude » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:47 am

George Zimmerman is on trial for shooting Trayvon Martin in Florida, George is now on trial and everyone is telling their side of the story.

The thing I think is interesting is that this happened in February 2012, so it's a year and a half later that people are trying to remember what happened. That is a lot of time to work on your story, and it seems that everyone involved has an ax to grind.

What I find most interesting is that people are now going over the interrogation the police did and picking out pieces of George's answers and saying that makes George look bad.

I don't have any idea what George was thinking when he shot the guy, but I do know if you talk to the police for very long you will certainly say many things that contradict yourself.

The only way you could possibly avoid this would be if you wrote down your first answer and then just kept reading it to them every time they asked you a question.

It will be interesting to see how the prosecutors will use his own words against him and if they are successful in convicting him because of the way he answered questions after the shooting.
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world,
those that understand binary and those that don't. 

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Webscout » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:09 am

I have read a bit of this and my take based on what I have read is that George is the provocateur. If Trayvon was up to no good would he go into that gated 'hood alone without protection ie gun, friends etc?. I don't believe he had a history or rap sheet of misdemeanours.
I bet George felt powerful with that gun at his side. He was told by the 911? dispatcher to leave the situation be with Trayvon and walk away. It appears George did not. George wanted to be in control of his 'hood. No black boy belongs here or talks to him that way.
There is a lot of thinking like this in the USA.....land of the KKK etc.
It's complicated....or is it?

The Klansman (1974)

Runtime: 01:47:04 minutes
Genre: Crime | Drama | Thriller

A small southern town has just been rocked by a tragedy: a young woman has been violently raped. The white town fathers immediately declare that the attacker had to be black, and place the blame on Garth, a young black man. Assuming that the men in white sheets aren't intent on holding a fair and impartial trial, Garth takes to the woods as the Klansmen lynching party hunts him down.

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Dude » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 am

I think it's funny that they picked Zimmerman as a raciest and he is a Mexican.
I guess there are not enough white people left in the US to find one to blame for being raciest.

I am kind of conflicted on this whole thing, there are pictures of George bleeding from the nose and the back of his head. Which does support his story that he was attacked and defending himself.
But it sure seems like he could have just walked away after he called 911 and let the cops handle it.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Webscout » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Don't Mexican's see themselves as white?

Was Trayvon just protecting himself.....a response to the head injuries ie George. Did George after having shot Trayvon injure himself to show self defense? This has happened before.

It is said that we are all 'racists'. There is nothing wrong with that (it's normal...it's familiarity) but causing bodily harm etc is generally not acceptable.

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Dude » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:01 pm

I don't know many (any) Mexicans who call themselves white.

George had the head injuries not Trayvon, and I don't think that George did it himself because the police were there within minutes so he didn't have a lot of time, and there were several witnesses standing around at by that point,
and the police just said he was allowed to stand his ground and let him go,
so at the time George thought it was over,
it wasn't until people started protesting the next day that anyone thought George was in trouble.
so my guess is that the pictures of him bleeding are probably real. (but who knows).
another thing, if he was crafty enough to hurt himself after and take pictures, then he would have been smart enough to know not to talk to the police because that is being used against him now.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Webscout » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:39 pm

...are you saying George is that smart?

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Dude » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:07 am

no, I am saying because he blabbed to the police, and he did not have much time to come up with a story.
I don't think he was smart enough to manufacture evidence within a few minutes. I don't even think the thought probably even crossed his mind until days or weeks later when it would have been much too late.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Webscout » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:33 am

Guy with gun generally has the advantage....

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Dude » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:41 pm

that would be a great saying, you should patent it...

Don't be the one who brings a knife to a gun fight.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Webscout » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:17 pm

[QUOTE=Dude;862111]that would be a great saying, you should patent it...

Don't be the one who brings a knife to a gun fight.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of an older James Bond film. Bad guy does his fancy sword stuff and Bond pulls out a gun and shoots him. A funny moment.

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Dude » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:30 pm

I think that was Indiana Jones,

(but James Bond could have done it too, I am no expert)

JAQUEBAUER

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by JAQUEBAUER » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 am

If what you have learned from the media was correct and unbiased, and the prosecution was acting in a fair and ethical manner, you might draw a different conclusion, and decide that Zimmermen was acting withing the law of both man and God. Zimmerman defended himself from a physical attack. Up until the time Zimmerman was assaulted by Martin, the exchange between Zimmmerman and Martin was verbal only. It was Martin who chose to escalate the event to one of physical assault, which resulted in his death.

In the end, I believe Zimmerman will be acquitted of all charges, that is as long as he gets a fair trial. There is great political pressure to convict Zimmerman to avoid civil unrest. And as long as all Americans that are White are targets of the Obama regime and the Black Panthers, no White Americans is safe today anywhere in the US. The Black on White crime in the United States is escalating exponentially in recent months, but the mainstream press is not reporting it.

Both Barak Obama and Eric Holder, both subversives and racists have given a "wink and nod" to the New Black Panthers and extremist elements of the Black community in the US to attack White people wherever they are found.

Its no wonder that Mr. Zimmerman was guarding his community that day, and was legally armed as well.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Webscout » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:12 am

Zimmerman defended himself from a physical attack. [JAQUEBAUER JAQUEBAUER]

Well that certainly makes it easy. Open and shut case.

YES, he probably did defend himself from a physical attack....HOWEVER

......Z was told to walk away from M...leave it alone. It appears there was a motive and provocation followed. Z had an itch and would not leave it alone. It is quite likely M was being pushed around...harassed. M pushed back..it got physical. Perhaps M got the upper hand and Z had a gun so he used it to protect himself?
If M had done nothing wrong from the beginning and Z had followed 911 advice then it is quite reasonable to believe no altercation would have occurred.
M would not under the circumstance with Z around ...and also knowing that he had a gun do something that stupid...ie a break in or cause damage. Thieves do not steal to get caught.
IMHO

I am only interested in the truth....and justice.
Everyone knows of the black and white history of the USA.

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Dude » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:37 pm

my opinion is that you can plan on everyone being biased in this case, they have already said that the girl on the phone that Martin was talking to was so biased that none of her testimony could be believed as a credible witness.

I also don't think very many people call 911 when they are planning on shooting someone. So at the time Zimmerman called 911 he probably was not thinking about shooting Martin.

Martin on the other hand does not have this information that the cops are on the way.

So if you remove everything else and just look at that one aspect, you have two people, one knows the cops are going to be there in a few minutes, the other does not.
In my mind the one who knows the cops are on the way is less likely to start an altercation than the person who does not know the cops are coming.

That doesn't mean that Martin absolutely started the fight, just that the odds are that he did.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

George Zimmerman Trial

Post by Webscout » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:48 pm

That doesn't mean that Martin absolutely started the fight, just that the odds are that he did.[..]

You mean after probably being harassed?

If Z did not have a gun there is a good chance M would be alive. Was M out to physically harm someone that night? What does his history show?
Did Z push his button....quite likely as he had a chance to walk away.
Who was the 911 attendant for this call?
How suspicious was M behaviour?

We will see how the scales of justice are employed in this sad case.
Z could be totally guilty but his lawyer will do everything to get him off...lies and all.
Sadly for M.....e cannot even speak...perhaps not get the best counsel.
I don't believe M was out that night to attack anyone but someone had a gun and it is a deadly weapon.
I would like to hear more of the bkgd from both Z and M.