Google's Logo

Show your graphics talents in this section.
Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Google's Logo

Post by Dude » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:08 pm

Did you see googles new logo?

the title is - Happy Birthday, Edvard Munch!

who is Edvard Munch?

hmmm, guess I could google it. :D
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world,
those that understand binary and those that don't. 

SirNissan

Google's Logo

Post by SirNissan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:22 pm

The Ssceam 1893

Eileenleft

Google's Logo

Post by Eileenleft » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:10 pm

thanks MT for the info....i wondered who he was too 100 and was going to google it but got side-tracked :D :D :D

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Google's Logo

Post by Dude » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:18 pm

I guess in 1893 he was in kindergarden,

I remember doing finger painting too, I will have to watch and see if Google puts any of my painting up for their logo. :D

Eileenleft

Google's Logo

Post by Eileenleft » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:23 pm

google is going to post mine first ....then urs 100 and last but not least....penny's

:p

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Google's Logo

Post by Dude » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:30 pm

this is me when I was little after finger painting

this is Penny after finger painting

SirNissan

Google's Logo

Post by SirNissan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:29 pm

[align=center]Frieze of Life — A Poem about Life, Love and Death[/align]
[align=left]Image[/align]
[align=right]Frieze of Life — A Poem about Life, Love and Death
In December 1893, Unter den Linden in Berlin held an exhibition of Munch's work, showing, among other pieces, six paintings entitled Study for a Series: Love. This began a cycle he later called the Frieze of Life — A Poem about Life, Love and Death. Frieze of Life motifs such as The Storm and Moonlight are steeped in atmosphere. Other motifs illuminate the nocturnal side of love, such as Rose and Amelie and Vampire. In Death in the Sickroom (1893), the subject is the death of his sister Sophie. The dramatic focus of the painting, portraying his entire family, is dispersed in a series of separate and disconnected figures of sorrow. In 1894, he enlarged the spectrum of motifs by adding Anxiety, Ashes, Madonna and Women in Three Stages.

Around the turn of the century, Munch worked to finish the Frieze. He painted a number of pictures, several of them in larger format and to some extent featuring the Art Nouveau aesthetics of the time. He made a wooden frame with carved reliefs for the large painting Metabolism (1898), initially called Adam and Eve. This work reveals Munch's preoccupation with the "fall of man" myth and his pessimistic philosophy of love. Motifs such as The Empty Cross and Golgotha (both c. 1900) reflect a metaphysical orientation, and also echo Munch's pietistic upbringing. The entire Frieze showed for the first time at the secessionist exhibition in Berlin in 1902.

Trivia
After the Cultural Revolution in the People's Republic of China ended, Munch was the first Western artist to have his pictures exhibited at the National Gallery in Beijing.
Some art historians believe that the red sky in the background of The Scream reflects the unusually intense sunsets seen throughout the world following the 1883 eruption of the Indonesian volcano Krakatoa.
Solefald wrote a song about him on their 2003 album In Harmonia Universali, titled "Christiania (Edvard Munch Commemoration)"
In October 2006, the colour woodcut Two people. The lonely (To mennesker. De ensomme) set a new record for his engravings when it was sold at an auction in Oslo for 8.1 million NOK (1.27 million USD).
Google celebrated his birthday in 2006 by changing the logo on the main page to a tribute to his well-known painting The Scream.
On an episode of "The Simpsons," the town bullies steal "The Scream" as a side gag.[/align]

penny

Google's Logo

Post by penny » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:41 am

I did this in 1892

Do you think he copied me?

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Google's Logo

Post by Dude » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:48 am

well there are a few similarities in the style, but I think the statutes of limitations have probably run out if your thinking about any kind of legal action against him, maybe you should call him and ask him to list you as co-artist on this painting. :D

penny

Google's Logo

Post by penny » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:57 am

Oh, that's ok, I liked this one better and nobody will steal this because the smile is so cryptic.

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Google's Logo

Post by Dude » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:21 am

I think your picture is directionally challenged. :D

Eileenleft

Google's Logo

Post by Eileenleft » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:22 am

was urs titled "Penny Lisa"....penny?

Raskel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Google's Logo

Post by Raskel » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:14 am

Did ya see the new years one?

They go back all the way to 1999 !!
Link Link Link