360 controller keyboard mapper help please.

Ask all your computer related questions here
TheYaggar

Post by TheYaggar » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:55 pm

One feature I like about windows 8 64bit is to be able to plug in an xbox 360 controller and windows 8 automatically finds it. But im having a hard time finding a good keyboard mapper that will work in windows 8 64bit.

For years now, I've played on xbox 360. I play only first person shooters and Minecraft. I just recently got Minecraft and some first person shooters for the pc. Its a lot harder for me to play these type of games on keyboard. I have a disability to where my brain tells my fingers to move slow. I call it slow in the head.

Years ago, I use to play first person shooters(COD 4, Halo) on the pc. One thing I hated about playing first person shooters with a game controller on a pc is the high amount of sensitivity in the right thumb stick. On a pc, if you turn down the sensitivity, your guy turns to slow. So that means you will always get shot in the back. I don't know how xbox and playstation did it, but they got it right on sensitivity. They got it to where you can control the right thumb stick and still turn fast.

Heres what I need....
I need to find a very good 360 controller keyboard mapper that will work on windows 8 64bit. One thats clean of all malware, spyware, trojans, virus, worms and such. One thats free or one that someone will share with me (im poor).

Please help solve this. Please help me.

Thanks,
TheYaggar

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dude » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:13 pm

it has been forever since I have played first person shooters, and I am sorry that I can't really help you with your controller problems,
but I did have a question, how do you plug in a xbox 360 controller into a windows 8 machine?
does it have a usb port plug on your xbox controller?
or do you have some type of adapter?
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world,
those that understand binary and those that don't. 

TheYaggar

Post by TheYaggar » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:37 pm

[QUOTE=Dude;871655]it has been forever since I have played first person shooters, and I am sorry that I can't really help you with your controller problems,
but I did have a question, how do you plug in a xbox 360 controller into a windows 8 machine?
does it have a usb port plug on your xbox controller?
or do you have some type of adapter?[/QUOTE]

usb...windows 8 finds automatically.

And I forgot to add this. I been doing puters ever since the 8086 and the 8088 came out. Just a small hint. :~)

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:37 am

And I forgot to add this. I been doing puters ever since the 8086 and the 8088 came out. Just a small hint. :~)[/QUOTE]

That would be 1976-1978?
Prior to that was it the abacus? ..:)

TheYaggar

Post by TheYaggar » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:34 pm

[QUOTE=Webscout;871660]And I forgot to add this. I been doing puters ever since the 8086 and the 8088 came out. Just a small hint. :~)[/QUOTE]

That would be 1976-1978?
Prior to that was it the abacus? ..:)[/QUOTE]

1986 - 1987