Uncut Gems (2019) Movie review

Talk about anything.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Neo

Uncut Gems (2019) Movie review

Post by Neo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:15 pm

I went to go see this movie in the theatre and it was not my favorite type of movie.

The main character Howard is always making bad decisions and getting into a ton of trouble.
Then he just keeps making things worse and worse.
The only good thing about this movie is that you can compare your own live to Howards and feel like you don't have things so bad.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Uncut Gems (2019) Movie review

Post by Webscout » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:27 am

I saw this movie and I liked it for all the reasons you mention. I am not an A Sandler fan (comedy) but he often does well in drama. The Jewish tone of the film came out quite well. He is by all acounts an Uncouth Scumbag.

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dude » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:45 pm

It was just not my type of movie, but I it does make me feel a little better about my life when I compare myself to him.
I wanted to know what happened to the girl at the end? I liked her and would have like to have seen more of her story.
Maybe there will be a part 2 that will go into that.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:11 am

I wanted to know what happened to the girl at the end? [...]

I don't think anything happened to the girl. Yes, she was sweet but naieve. Why she liked her scumbag boss is questionable. Perhaps it was the attention he was paying her. Pehaps he gave her some gifts as well. Sadly it was overlooked re nominations-Awards.