The new FileFactory is coming! It's Here!

Talk about anything.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:31 am

The new FileFactory is coming! Still #1 for unlimited downloads.
FileFactory is relaunching soon with a brand new layout, new features and exciting improvements. We've been hard at work developing a cleaner interface and better performance. Read below for a list of the major upgrades!

Awesome new layout - cleaner and faster
We've rewritten the site from the ground up to be leaner and meaner.

Pages now load more quickly and links have been changed to offer better download manager support.

You'll also be available to preview images online, and embed images in other sites.

Brand new file search lets you find stuff to download
All files uploaded by free users will now become public and searchable for everyone. Upload and share anything for others to download.

Faster web uploader to make uploading easier
Our new web uploader has been rewritten from the ground up and lets you see image previews. The upload results page has been improved too.

FileFactory News Usenet service
Usenet is a constantly updated list of newsgroups about all kinds of topics. With FileFactory News you'll be able to get unlimited transfers and unlimited speed.

Announcing FileFactory Plus - share everything
Experience a whole new way of sharing the latest music, images and videos. Chat live with your friends and meet new people.

Easily post new content, or repost cool stuff that you find.

Gain an unlimited number of followers and watch your popularity soar.

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dude » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:19 pm

great, because I only like to use sites that have a new layout.
that's the most important thing to me and probably everyone else.

I mean who cares if they actually store any files or not, when you have a new layout.
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world,
those that understand binary and those that don't. 

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:09 pm

I like FF.
I note that files uploaded by 'FREE Users' (new Search File) will be available to everyone. I assume this does not include 'Premium' user files.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:24 pm

File Factory ...FreeSign up for a free account and get 50GB of temp storage plus unlimited file bandwidth
Become a free member

duckbill

Post by duckbill » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 pm

I think FileFactory is a pretty good site AS LONG AS you are downloading files from the users who have direct downloads enabled for free users. Otherwise you may constantly get the popup "all free slots are in use. Try again later." Also sometimes you may see a message stating that the file is too large for a free user to download. I believe the sign of a truly good host is one that is good to free users. Example; small wait between downloads, a decent download speed (not the 50kbps that many have). If the host isn't considerate of free users then it's nothing more than an online storage site and you can find lots of those that are free. You just can't join every filehost out there as those costs would add up pretty quickly and everyone seems to have different favorites. I like Megashares because they never seem delete any files regardless of what they are. Only problem with Megashares is free users can only download up to 550 MB and then must renew their passport to continue downloading. But the search is fantastic. Members get to search millions of files from all members. The download speed is very good too.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:56 am

Free is always good but as the size of files gets larger then free does not always work.
There are a a couple of Hosts that have been very generous as of late and one in particular acts like a Premium site. You have to put up with a little inconvenience ie popups but I easily deal with that.
Some premium Hosts have daily limits.
Many sub to Premium sites. I do. I have gotten half prices deals from FF and will prob start one this Fall.ie One year. The key is to find sites that have a lot of FF files or whatever you whatever you prefer.
That fact that that we have been able to do what we do ie d/l is a gift. Many of us have seen some of the films that this world has to offer. Video stores and even online does not offer that. One day it might come crashing down.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:01 pm

http://help.filefactory.com/support/home
I did buy one year..get one year free deal.
New stuff...

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Image sharing...

Post by Webscout » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:42 am

Image sharing...

I assume that all those registered can share?

Free image sharing is here

Now you can upload, share and embed images with FileFactory's free image sharing service

We're pleased to announce the release of our new image sharing features. All download pages for images will now show a preview of the image, along with sharing links for all types of services.

You can embed images into your website or blog. Our images are streamed from a superfast content delivery network (CDN) to make sure your images load quickly. (as sent to me via email)

Here's some examples: (if you click on the link below)
Test image 1 Image
Test image 2
Test image 3

To start using our image sharing service simply sign in and upload some images today!

[HIDE]

Code: Select all

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=cc27616a935143f3234e68708&id=7883e1a938&e=de4229ee8d
[/HIDE]

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

New feature: image galleries

Post by Webscout » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:35 am

New feature: image galleries

Now you can turn any folder URL into a gallery of images

At the top of folder pages, you'll notice a "Gallery" button. Simply click that link and you can view your folder as an image gallery.

There are three thumbnail sizes to choose from (small, medium and large). Hover over the thumbnail to get the filename of the image, or click the image to see a larger version.

Folder links are accessible via your File Manager. Click the name of the folder and at the top of the file list you'll see a URL which is the address of the folder.

We hope you enjoy this new feature, now available for all members!

To start using our image sharing service simply sign in and upload some images today!

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:02 am

Now you can search for publicly shared files on FileFactory

FileFactory has always been the best place to upload and share files with no limits since 2005. Now, due to popular demand, you can search for files uploaded by other users through our brand new search engine.

Starting from today all uploads from free users are automatically shared publicly and available to discover using our search engine.

Premium users can choose to share their files, or keep them private.

:spin:Note: you need to be a free or Premium FileFactory member with a verified email address in order to access our search feature.

Start uploading, sharing and searching for files today on FileFactory.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 pm

:cool:Disclosure....I do have a paid account ...I use it ..and that is my only association with FF. This Host has been around for a LONG time. I also make use of other Hosts...the ones that give freebies :) Premium Account speeds.

*New feature: Bulk import other FileFactory files easily.*

Today we're pleased to announce a new feature whereby you can import a large number of FileFactory files into your own account.

Simply sign into your FileFactory account, then navigate to the Link Checker (h**p://www.filefactory.com/account/tools/link-checker.php) which is available from the Tools drop down menu on the left hand side of your account manager (h**tp://www.filefactory.com/account/).

Then, paste the links into the link checker that you wish to duplicate, and if the file is available, a green "plus" icon will display in the Import column. Simply click that icon to instantly duplicate and import that file into your account.

Your file will receive its own unique URL which you can use to share with others.

We hope that you enjoy this new feature!

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

1/2 price 1 year FF Deal

Post by Webscout » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:53 pm

http://www.filefactory.com/premium/promo/

I received this half price promo...for one year. My promo was buy 1 yr get one year. I would have preferred the one yr deal as they often email these deals.

I don't know if the above will work or not.

I do not gain anything by sharing this info. It's a good Host.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:48 am

NOTE....Disclosure....I use this Host and have no other affiliation...period.

New feature: Bulk import other FileFactory files easily

Today we're pleased to announce a new feature whereby you can import a large number of FileFactory files into your own account.

Simply sign into your FileFactory account, then navigate to the Link Checker (h**p://www.filefactory.com/account/tools/link-checker.php) which is available from the Tools drop down menu on the left hand side of your account manager (h**p://www.filefactory.com/account/).

Then, paste the links into the link checker that you wish to duplicate, and if the file is available, a green "plus" icon will display in the Import column. Simply click that icon to instantly duplicate and import that file into your account.

Your file will receive its own unique URL which you can use to share with others.

We hope that you enjoy this new feature!

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Webscout » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:42 pm

FYI...
Coming soon: FileFactory News. Unlimited newsgroup access for only $15 a month.

What are newsgroups?

Newsgroups (also known as Usenet) are a worldwide distributed Internet discussion system. Users can read or post messages to a wide variety of newsgroup categories.

Newsgroups are typically accessed with newsreaders which are applications that allow users to read and reply to postings in newsgroups.

Binary newsgroups contain files that other users have uploaded. Binaries can be downloaded and uncompressed using a newsreader.

Typically information in binary newsgroups are retained for many years, amounting to many petabytes of storage.

FileFactory News provides unlimited access to newsgroup binaries. Even better we give you a free newsreader preconfigured to work with FileFactory News.

Unlimited transfers.

When we say unlimited we mean it. No daily or monthly limits on the amount of data you can transfer from our newsgroups.

Blazing speed.

We connect to major backbone providers and have no rate limits giving you the fastest possible newsgroup access.

Free newsreader.

Use our free app to search for and download files. It's got built-in search and many other features to make newsgroup access a breeze.

Every account includes free exclusive access to our custom made newsreader which makes finding and downloading files easy.

VIDEO PREVIEWS
A great way to save your time and bandwidth by making sure you’re getting the right video before you commit to downloading the whole thing.

AUTOMATIC DECOMPRESSION
Files are automatically decompressed when the download is complete, so you usually don’t have to unrar or unzip anything.

EASY TO SET UP
Just enter your FileFactory News username and password and you’re good to go. There’s nothing else to configure - you’re already connected to our newsgroup servers.

INTEGRATED SEARCH
Searching for newsgroup files has never been this easy. Search is fully integrated and built in to our newsreader.

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

MP3 streaming is here...FileFactory

Post by Webscout » Fri May 23, 2014 8:30 am

MP3 streaming is here
Now you can upload, share and stream MP3 files at FileFactory
We're pleased to announce the release of our new music streaming feature. All MP3 files can now be streamed from any FileFactory download page, for both free and Premium members.

There's nothing you need to do as all MP3 files in your account are now streamable online.

:floweram:Video streaming is coming
We're working hard to bring you the ultimate video streaming service
Behind the scenes our programmers are busy installing dozens of brand new servers to convert and stream all video files uploaded to FileFactory. Our beta testing has delighted us all with high quality videos and fast streaming speeds.

Streaming video will be available to both free and Premium users. Premium users can watch a HD version of the video online. All users can download the original file at any time.

Stay tuned for further announcements!
[HIDE]

Code: Select all

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=cc27616a935143f3234e68708&id=b79707cf51&e=de4229ee8d
[/HIDE]