Movies on UTube

Talk about anything.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Dude
Administrator
Administrator

Movies on UTube

Post by Dude » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:55 am

For starters it probably should have been titled Jaguar Paw's Great Adventure.
I didn't really see how the films title entered into it at all.

And I don't know many of the facts but my guess is that the representation of their civilization probably was not very accurate, which just misleads people into believing more things from the movies which are not true.

More things that bothered me...
when he left his wife and kid to fight for his tribe, but pretty much as soon as they are caught they all just give up, that seemed odd.

And when the dozen or so guys started chasing him at the end, the head guy lost his son so he had an ax to grind, but once he was killed why did those last two guy keep chasing him to their death, I was thinking if I was either of those two guys I would just quit and go home.

I was probably a little more critical of the movie than some because when the Jaguar guy started running, I was thinking I really didn't care if they killed him or not,
Even his wife stuck in that hole didn't seem very convincing to me, I kept thinking even if she gets out her whole tribe is gone, she is just stuck alone in the forest and is just going to have a very hard life trying to survive by herself.

I did feel a little sorry for her when she fell off the rope.
but when it was raining I was thinking if that hole fills up with water they can just float up to the top and get out, maybe they can't float very well??

I kept trying to figure out what the moral to the story was?
don't leave your wife in a hole?

The one lesson I did learn was that if someone is shooting arrows at you, don't run in a straight line.

If it had been based on a true story I would have liked it a lot more. :D
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world,
those that understand binary and those that don't. 

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Movies on UTube

Post by Webscout » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 am

If it had been based on a true story I would have liked it a lot more. [Dude]

Then again....'based' is the key word.

johnisasmith

WWII PRIVATE SNAFU Cartoons

Post by johnisasmith » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:27 pm

[align=center][YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnrgtEzblOE[/YOUTUBE][/align]

This video is a collection of the World War II area PRIVATE SNAFU (Situation Normal, All Fouled Up) cartoons made by the US Army Signal Corps to educate and boost the morale the troops. Originally created by Theodore Geisel (Dr. Seuss) and Phil Eastman, most of the 26 cartoons were produced by Warner Brothers Animation Studios - employing their animators, voice actors (primarily Mel Blanc) and Carl Stalling's music.

tori53

Movies on UTube

Post by tori53 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Thank you

johnisasmith

Who Dares Wins (1982)

Post by johnisasmith » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:36 pm

120 min
Action| Thriller
6.3/10 from 2,366 users

[align=center][HIDE]

Code: Select all

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083941/
[/HIDE][/align]

A trooper with the British Special Air Service (SAS) infiltrates a radical political group who are planning a terrorist operation against American dignitaries. A glamourized look at the methods and tactics of the famed British anti-terrorist squad.The SAS are a elite army unit which as well as its Anti terrorist role also performs covert and overt training of friendly countries armed forces and operates enemy lines.

[align=center][YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzxXCNT_e3s[/YOUTUBE][/align]

Webscout
Administrator
Administrator

Movies on UTube

Post by Webscout » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:00 pm

...looks good. I will d/l with IDM and 'special Host.

Keep them coming Johni....:)