Administrator
Administrator

Gmail

Post by Dude » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:48 pm

To delete some old emails you can open your Gmail account then type:

older_than:12m

or

older_than:2y

From there you can select your messages then click on select all when the link pops up and then delete all your old emails at once.

Jozafat

Re: Gmail

Post by Jozafat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:29 pm

That's pretty handy. I'm so lazy to delete all the emails. Nice clue. Thanks

duckbill

Post by duckbill » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:19 pm

WOW!!! If there's a way to select a huge amount of old emails such as you show above and delete them all in a couple seconds, that would be absolutely fantastic!!! My brother has about 18,000 emails and he would like to delete most of them but keep some of the recent ones.

WHERE does one type the commands such as older_than:12m

I assume 12m stands for 12 months and 2y stands for 2 years. Is that correct? Can u use other amounts of time or just the two you posted here?

Thank You

duckbill

Post by duckbill » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:44 pm

humm... I may have misunderstood your post. I was thinking once you typed one of the codes, all those would pop up and be selected, then you'd just hit the delete button and they'd all be gone. BUT now I'm thinking perhaps the little typed codes might just divide up the emails (bring a couple thousand older emails forwardand but you would still have to check all the little boxes next the the emails. Also you would only be able to delete 25 at a time. Could you please be a little more specific with your description? BIG THANKS