Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Utopia Forum >
Public Discussions > Announcements
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Share

Old 03-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Admin

Kes is a splendid one to beholdKes is a splendid one to beholdKes is a splendid one to beholdKes is a splendid one to beholdKes is a splendid one to beholdKes is a splendid one to beholdKes is a splendid one to behold
Default New Rule !!!!!! All Members Please Read

ONE LINK FILES ARE NOW BANNED FROM THE FORUM AND CAN ONLY BE POSTED BY STAFF ONLY!!!

Due to the large amount of FAKE links now being posted on the board with immediate effect ANY member posting ONE link PREMIUM ONLY download links will be permanently banned from the forum and the links removed, no exceptions , also ANY member who does not follow our HIDE and CODE TAG rule when posting links will also have the threads removed and banned from the forum.

One Link Files over the 400mb FREE User limit can now only be posted by STAFF Members.

ONE LINK FILES CAN ONLY BE POSTED BY MEMBERS OF STAFF ONLY!!!!

ALL staff will now be directed to implement these New rules and offenders will be dealt with without further notice, links will not be amended, PM's will not be sent as we do now but a BAN will be placed immediately.

In your own interests please read the rules, abide by them or suffer the consequences.

Kes (Admin)
Old 03-08-2011, 02:35 PM

riketik is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent Reckoning Kes
Thanxxxxx Rik
Old 03-20-2011, 10:30 PM

johnisasmith will become famous soon enough

How about double zipped files? You can open them till you download all parts, and then you find out that is not what was promised.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:14 AM

scotsdavy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

bit of a pain that but rules are rules............
Old 07-30-2011, 09:23 AM

surflets is an unknown quantity at this point

An excellent rule Kes,

I have always been in favour of smaller sized files for those without premium accounts.
But especially for some friends out in the rural areas & the large number of people around the world that cannot GET high speed internet & are still stuck with a max of 56k, (think of people in the pacific islands that are offered high speed but at an exorbitant cast. What a bugger that must be.

I have just found my bkup CDs with stored forum sites & passwords after
3 HD mechanical crashes in a yr (ya I know get rid of those old DHs).
Nice to be here again.
Now to check out any new rules since my last visit.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:55 AM

BigD47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent - thanks Kes.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:37 PM
UTOPIA Lifer

Revroy is a splendid one to beholdRevroy is a splendid one to beholdRevroy is a splendid one to beholdRevroy is a splendid one to beholdRevroy is a splendid one to beholdRevroy is a splendid one to beholdRevroy is a splendid one to behold

Ya know, it's really a shame that we have had to do this. We have always been proud of having few rules, and being willing to help ALL newcomers to the thing that we do, but it has totally gotten out of hand lately.... PLEASE read the rules before you post anything, and if you don't get it, PLEASE ask for help!! We are more than happy to help one and all, but the "drive-by posting" is making a mess of this forum!

Old 01-07-2012, 03:58 PM

sheto is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, people being people will take the golden shine & make you hide it more & more as time goes by.
Sad but true.

sheto
Old 02-02-2012, 03:39 AM

hoverfly is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I should have read this a lot sooner but it somehow went unnoticed. Sorry about that.

What I am a little unclear about is whether this applies in general or only to rar files. The reason I am asking is that throughout 2011 I happily moved from posting rar filesets of 100 MB chunks to uploading such single link files not inside a rar file but as a plain AVI or MKV.

That being said, none of those were deleted and since I am here to tell the tale, I obviously wasn't banned for doing that.

I am just trying to establish where to go from here.

Also, just for information, all my links are on RS and they have a free user limit of 2,000 MB, a far cry from some other hosters attempts at getting you to sign up to their premium membership schemes.

I would be grateful if we could shed some extra light on this.

Thank you very much in advance.

We share the same Sky under the same Sun
(Old Kenyan Proverb)

Please note:

All my Rapidshare uploads are Trafficshare now.

No more waiting, full download speed ahead.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Admin

Bolan is a name known to allBolan is a name known to allBolan is a name known to allBolan is a name known to allBolan is a name known to allBolan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverfly View Post
I guess I should have read this a lot sooner but it somehow went unnoticed. Sorry about that.

What I am a little unclear about is whether this applies in general or only to rar files. The reason I am asking is that throughout 2011 I happily moved from posting rar filesets of 100 MB chunks to uploading such single link files not inside a rar file but as a plain AVI or MKV.

That being said, none of those were deleted and since I am here to tell the tale, I obviously wasn't banned for doing that.

I am just trying to establish where to go from here.

Also, just for information, all my links are on RS and they have a free user limit of 2,000 MB, a far cry from some other hosters attempts at getting you to sign up to their premium membership schemes.

I would be grateful if we could shed some extra light on this.

Thank you very much in advance.

hey hoverfly.....what kes is trying to get across is we get a rash of posts with 1 link rar download which ends up fake.trying to suck ya in to something..if you dont rar it then your probably ok..And ya rapidshare is ok.
too many premium only links being posted.

pretty sure you woulda been banned already if you were doing wrong..

Thanks for being concerned.