Many people visit Give Away Of The Day for free s/w. Quite often and more so lately I see people are having problems downloading.
Below is a response from a viewer. Perhaps there is something here that can assist in downloading.
GAOTD users reported problems with these antiviruses/firewalls, in past months/years: Avast, Avg, BitDefender, Comodo, Kaspersky, Norton/Symantec, pados.hu TinyWall, Zemana antilogger/antimalware.
If you have one of those AV, you could try these possible solutions:
1) If the package has been correctly downloaded, right-click it, click properties and:
- Win8, 8.1, 10 users --> tick/select the unblock checkbox, click apply, click ok.
- WinXP, vista, 7 --> click the unblock button, click apply, click ok.
2) If the package has been correctly downloaded, put the setup.exe and the setup.gcd (or their entire folder) in the whitelist of your antivirus
3) Disable the real-time/on-access scanning, just the time to download/install the software (then re-enable that function)
4) Disable your AV completely, just the time to download/install the software (then re-enable it)
5) Boot windows in safe mode with networking, just the time to download/install the software (sometimes this is necessary with kaspersky antivirus)
By the way in these months/years, almost all the engines on the mentioned web services that are problematic for some GAOTD users, i.e. AVG, AVIRA, AVAST BITDEFENDER, KASPERSKY, (NORTON) SYMANTEC, showed NO PROBLEMS.
No problems during download.
No problems detected after doing pre-scans and post-scans with Win10 Defender, SAS free, MBAM free, EEK free, GSAM (all definitions updated).
No problems detected after I've sent the package to (or checked previous results on) virustotal, metadefender, jotti, virscan.
The same web services above found the usual false positives about GAOTD setup.exe (I won't repeat them).
Hope this helps.
Comment by xilolee